As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly, Emmanuel College is following the advice and guidelines from government and health authorities to minimise the COVID-19 risk to our students, staff and the broader community.
There are currently no cases of COVID-19 at Emmanuel College.
Emmanuel College remains open and operational. We are not sending students home or recommending that students return home. However, we understand that families need to make their own decisions about whether students come home. While we have made some adjustments to the way we deliver some of our services, all services are still being provided to our students and our Student Engagement Team are working to continue supporting our students 24/7.
We have implemented a number of measures to minimise risk, including:
- educating our students about social distancing and good hygiene practices in accordance with official guidelines
- limiting the number of students in enclosed spaces during meal times
- changing food service procedures
- increasing the cleaning regime throughout the College and adding recommended additional hygiene routines
- postponing all internal College events that were scheduled to take place up until 30 June 2020 (our events calendar for second semester 2020 will be reviewed in due course)
- cancelling all external bookings
- continuing to prioritise our academic support program and moving tutorials online from next week
- arranging for some staff to work from home
- establishing procedures and a separate residential wing with individual rooms as an isolation wing for students who meet the criteria for testing.
Our incident management team meets daily to keep abreast of this developing situation. The College is regularly communicating with families and students by email. If parents are not receiving these email updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address.
Thank you for your support in these unprecedented times. We will continue to closely monitor and support our students and staff, liaise with the universities and the other UQ colleges, and work together for the safety of our community during these unusual circumstances.