The Associate Member Program offers key aspects of the College experience to students who, although they do not live at Emmanuel, want to be involved in the academic, networking, mentoring and social aspects of College life. Emmanuel has a diverse population with students and staff from all over Australia and the world. The program offers the following benefits:
- Orientation Week Program in Semester 1 (extra accommodation and activity payment required) – Associate Members live in and participate in all activities, establishing bonds with the
- Academic Centre and Gill Student Centre – State-of-the-art learning and quiet study areas
- College Tutorials – 80+ small-group tutorials (usually 3-6 students) offered with experienced and qualified tutors to assist students consolidate learning in addition to University courses.
- Academic Mentoring and Wellbeing Care – Senior staff are on hand to provide individual wellbeing and academic support.
- Dining Hall Access and Meals – Associate Members are welcome to join their College friends for lunches in the dining hall, as well as for dinner on the nights they attend tutorials and formal dinners. Associate Members are also welcome to have other meals in the Dining Hall for an additional fee per meal.
- Attendance at College Visiting Scholar Events – Emmanuel College hold lecture series and seminars throughout the year where Associate Members can network with academics and colleagues.
- Chapel – Weekly chapel service.
- Student Centre – The Student Centre, which includes a pool table and a small gym, is available to Associate members between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm each day.
- Bag Pipe and Drum Lessons – Associate Members are welcome to join the Emmanuel College Highlanders at The University of Queensland pipe band.
- Music Practice Rooms – The College’s music practice rooms are equipped with pianos and a drum kit.
- UQ Sport Gym Membership (extra payment required) – Students can purchase a UQ Sport Gym Membership through the College at a significantly reduced rate.
- Clubs and Societies – Associate Members are encouraged to join the various clubs and societies the College provides.
- Cultural Activities – Associate Members can participate in cultural activities, such as musical and theatrical performances.
- Community Service – Community service is encouraged and the Students’ Club runs many community service activities and projects throughout the year.
- Academic Prizes and Awards – Associate Members who achieve a high academic standard are eligible to receive academic awards.