In accordance with the constitution and by-laws of Emmanuel College, notice is hereby given that a quinquennial election of alumni councillors is due to take place.
Those alumni members of College who:
1. wish to nominate for election to the Council at this time; and/or
2. wish to vote in such election at this time
are invited to download the nomination forms or requests for ballot information HERE.
The timetable for the election is as follows:
1. Nominations and requests for ballot information will open on 1 May 2019;
2. Close of nominations and applications for ballot information: 31 May 2019.
3. There are three (3) alumni councillor positions. If more than three (3) eligible nominations are received, the Returning Officer shall email to those alumni who have requested ballot information an electronic ballot paper. This email will be sent on 4 June 2019.
4. The electronic ballot paper is to be returned by email to the address set out on the face of the ballot paper. The email must be received at the nominated address by no later than 12 noon on 18 June 2019.
5. Results of the election will be posted to the Emmanuel College website on 21 June 2019.
6. The Returning Officer shall arrange for a notice announcing the names of the three alumni councillors to be placed in the public notices section of The Courier Mail on 24 June 2019.
The three alumni councillors shall be invited to attend the next meeting of the Emmanuel College Council where the election result will be formally declared and the three alumni councillors commence their term of office.
Mr BR Pearce
Emmanuel College Council
INFORMATION RELATING TO ELECTION OF ALUMNI COUNCILLORS
Council meetings are held bi-monthly, usually in March, May, July, September and November on a Thursday evening at 7.15pm, preceded by a dinner at 6.30pm. Councillors are also invited to attend College services, dinners and other events.
Persons considering the position of alumni councillor/representative should consider perusing the following documents:
College Constitution – download
College Council Terms of Reference – download
College By-laws – download